Monday, January 5, 2009

A NEW DAWN.......

Ok, younger youth.” Finally principle Andrew called our class, and I saw JuPing just stepping in, and gestured for him to go out. He duly obliged. I was expecting him to say “Hey, I’m not your class anymore leh..”, but guess I was wrong. I looked around, and all of us were out there, though there were a few absent ones.

I was a bit anxious, coz’ I knew this is the time whereby we’ll officially “let go” our Form 5 students and welcome the new students from inter. We were in church, but somehow there is a kind of feeling like we were in air port, bidding farewell to friends going “overseas”.

And so Andrew called up the older youth class, and duly conducted the “promotion”. I waited for THEM to cross over, but surprisingly none of them did. Andrew asked again. Still no movement. Gosh, guys, come on, we’re in public ok?? It’s like a dad asking the child to come over, but maybe they had done something wrong, and choose not to do so.

Within that few moments I was thinking why are they not moving. Maybe they miss our class. Maybe. Or maybe they miss me for being such a nice teacher. Haha. (so perasan). Maybe not Deric, if miss also miss the stylish Meng Ching or firm-but-playable Joyce. Maybe they are just trying to capture attention. Well, maybe. There are a lot of maybes, but deep down I was happy, because I felt that somehow, they love our class for whatever reasons. Hopefully Andrew will say “ok la, no need promote you all, you may go back to your class”, but then, finally Joshua said “come on la, let’s go over”, and gestures for Ju Ping and Joel to do so. I was startled, but eventually managed to shake the boys’ hand. I hope they can feel what I’m feeling. It was more than just a handshake to me. But I know they will learn new things under James and Patricia, and tell myself it’ll be good for them. Unfortunately, Weng Kit was in NS, Julien was dunno where, so there will be no official “promotion” for them.

Nevertheless I’m glad that there will be new students, can sense that they are just as lovely as everyone, but being the first day, sure a bit quiet la. I managed to talk to Ju Ping on msn later and he has some good words and encouragement for me, thanks bro! Wanted to share a simple sharing, but due to time constraint I postponed it and instead shared on my plans and objectives for our class after playing game of “mixed identity”. I enjoyed the game with the class, but somehow, playing that game with my peers is slightly more exciting, after all we played faster and have Jhow Wei playing with us, and who can forget his classic “mou la” action :) but still, I think we achieved our objective of getting to know each other, so great game students!

Wow.. so long liao, but never mind, if you have time, do bear with me…

We shared and stressed on the need to do prayer and devotion more. Hopefully the students got my point. We will also be having surprises birthdays, and hopefully you guys will love it. It’ll take quite some effort to do it, but I think it’ll be a whole load of fun, especially for the birthday boy or girl. We also appointed Yean Lynn and Yee San to be class “monitor and coordinator”. Actually I haven asked Yee San, but I hope he won’t mind hehe.. Will ask him later.. Thanks YL & YS… And lastly is this page you’re looking at – the birth of the first ever Sunday school class BLOG! Yeah! Thanks to Brandon, Yilin, Faith & Austin, who is willing to help us manage it. So people, don’t waste their willingness to help, use them! Bug them! Post something, be it your thoughts, love story, experience, opinions etc etc.. Ehem.. no gossips and “excessive language” though…Nevertheless really appreciate those who are helping out, you guys are just… fantastic!

I thank God for this wonderful new class, as well as the 2008 class. This previous 6 months or so has thought me so much in teaching SS. God has really opened me up to a whole new perspective in teaching SS. It was an experience I never had imagined. Maybe it was the wonderful students and co teachers I had this opportunity to work with, or probably it was the bond we had foster after NA camp. Above all, I’m sure it’s God who has touched our class, re-energised us, making everything clicked like a well oiled machine, making learning so conductive, yet extremely fun and memorable, at least for me…

And hereby I’ll like to welcome Faith, Darryl, Yeng Mao, Peter, Jane and Kah Yeng, hopefully you will be able to learn and grow with us, while indulging yourself with loads of fun! *drum rollsss* *applauseee* We may have “lost” Teacher Joyce, but hey, there’s a younger version of her in class though hehe…

And to Juping, Joel, Joshua, Weng Kit and Julien, thank you for making the class of 2008 so memorable. We may have “lost” you, but I’m sure if you all can grow even more by 2009, it’s worth it. One thing remains, though, that wherever you go, nothing can change the fact that you all will always be part of the awesome class of 2008, and looking back I can only give thanks to God. And a new dawn thus begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment